Monday, February 14, 2011

Brilliant Ideas...

So before I wanted to move into the house there were a few things that needed taking care of. With Kmags being Kmags...she had all these elaborate ideas for the new pad. (For those of you that don't know who Kmags is, it's my mom! Kmags is her street cred name for when she is selling houses!) I of course started to build off of those ideas and came up with a few of my own.

On the first day that my dad and Brock went into the house to re-do a few things... they began with the small stuff.  In my dining room and leading into the living room there was a small railing that acted as a wall to separate the two rooms. I thought it to be a bit cheesy so I asked that we remove the railing and put a half wall in between the two rooms. (Sorry I don't have any before pictures of the railing...but its not too hard to imagine what it looked like.)




 Sorry I look a tad bit creepy standing in the kitchen in this one! :)



The next BIG thing I wanted to take care of was a new kitchen! Like I stated in the previous blog the house was built in 1986 and the kitchen was straight outta '86...the only things that had been even remotely updated were the appliances. So we wanted to update the kitchen just a tad bit... oh yeah, also... the previous owner must have loved the house so much that he took many parts of it with him. He must have decided if he was going to move into a new place he needed all the buttons off of the appliances in my kitchen!! So I didn't really have a choice and had to get new appliances. Sometimes I wish appliances could work with out their buttons so I could have saved a little bit of money but whatever...now I could work towards getting a great kitchen that I had always dreamed of. (Actually... I don't really have dreams about appliances and great kitchens...they are more like last minute thoughts of a great kitchen!) So the demo began...

 Here are the old yucky cabinets and appliances. If you look closely the buttons are ripped off the front of the appliances..




So the kitchen looked like that for a while before we had many of the new parts delivered... We will get to that at another time!

Thanks for checking in! Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Who steals buttons?!?! creeps! Speaking of creepy. I'm going to have nightmares now of you in th background of all kinds of photos I take expecting your figure to be off in the distance! haha.

    Your blog makes me want a house even more. I wanna demolish something!

    ReplyDelete